Coral are one of the gambling industry’s UK high street giants and as such are a great bookmaker for betting on football, not to mention pretty much all other sports and events. With roots that can be traced back to the 1920s, a brand that you can trust and the huge experience and financial power of the Gala Coral Group behind them, Coral is undoubtedly one of the best and most reputable online betting sites.
Coral Free Bet
Coral offer new customers a fantastic free bet deal that is worth £20 when you place an initial bet of just £5. This new and bold offer from Coral is the first 400% bonus we’ve seen (from a reputable bookie) and it promises to be very popular… so we recommend grabbing it as soon as you can in case they change their minds.
To take advantage of the offer simply register a new account with Coral and then place your first bet within 14 days at odds of 1/5 (1.20 in decimal). Your free bet token will be added as soon as your qualifying bet has been settled and it will be valid for a further seven days for use on the following bet types: singles, doubles, trebles, four-folds and upwards accumulators, and forecasts. The stake is not returned with winnings from the free bet and it cannot be used on their Coral Football Jackpot, tote or combination/multiple bets such as Lucky 15s. However, with low minimum odds and a nice £20 on offer for placing just a fiver, this is a free bet well worth grabbing.
Coral are excellent all-rounders, as you might expect from one of the giants of the British high street, and they are strong across the board. Here, however, we list the areas in which they really excel and are the best (or one of the best) in the bookmaking game.
- Betting Offers – Coral offer loads of great free bets and offers in addition to their more than generous “bet £5 get £20” free bet for new customers. Football fans will love the Football Jackpot and the free-to-enter Lucky 7, whilst Coral love enhanced odds football doubles and accumulators on big matches or anytime scorers. They also offer loads of freebies to racing fans, whilst the major events in most sports will usually receive some form of money back special or refund offer.
- Odds and Markets – Coral cover just about every sport going and within each they offer a huge range of markets. This is particularly the case with football, with well over 100 markets as standard on matches in major leagues and cups and plenty of more obscure leagues also covered. In terms of odds Coral are excellent too, especially when it comes to the really big football games whilst in general they are not afraid to take a position and offer strong odds on selections where they may disagree with the market.
- Live Betting – Coral have invested heavily in their live betting interface and it shows, with a really slick design that is quick and simple to navigate. “Bet in Play” has its own tab on the main page and there are loads of nice gadgets and gizmos to help you create your own in-play options. Events can be filtered by sport, what’s live now or upcoming betting opportunities and multi view allows you to watch the odds and stats on several in-play events simultaneously.
- Mobile Betting – As with the in-play interface, this in an area in which Coral have spent a lot of time and money, and it has paid dividends. Really easy to use and access, just go to Coral on your mobile and pretty much all the options from the main site are open to you on any modern mobile device. It makes betting on the go very easy and efficient and increasingly Coral, like most bookies, are offering mobile only exclusives, such as their money back on fallers for racing fans.
- Security and Trust – Coral are one of the “Big Four” UK bookmakers and because they are such a huge, established brand, you can be sure that bets you place with them will be safe and secure, in terms of their ability to pay out your winnings, their treatment of your personal and financial data and their attitude to fair and responsible gaming.
Banking and Customer Support
As you would expect from such a huge company Coral offer the full range of banking methods. From all major credit and debit cards through to the big e-wallets like PayPal and Skrill, as well as some smaller ones such as EcoCard, getting money into – and of course out of – your Coral online account is simple and quick.
In terms of customer service, again Coral offer just about every method you could wish for. The gold standard for customer support is live chat and Coral offer that, as well as email and telephone options. Unfortunately, however, customer service is not 24/7 and, moreover, in tests the waiting times for live chat were sometimes longer than we would like (though still quite quick compared to other industries).
Coral was started by Joe Coral way back in 1926 and when betting shops were legalised in the 1960s he was straight in on the act. Growth has been rapid and although Coral is no longer a family business, they operate around 1,700 betting shops and employ approximately 10,000 people. They are part of the giant Gala Coral Group (the group employs almost 20,000 people) and so have masses of industry experience and know-how, as well as pockets deep enough to offer the best technology, service and offers, as well as easily withstand any losses.
As a sports bookmaker Coral are licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, much of the online operation being based in Gibraltar. As well as the bookie, Coral offer an online casino, bingo hall, poker room, live casino and lotto facility – basically, if you want to bet on it, Coral provide it. As said, they are a household name, familiar to many and wholly safe, fair and reputable. With a long and established betting history they know what punters like and offer it, making it easy to see why they have been around for so long and successfully thriving online since 1998.