BetVictor has its roots in the founding of Walthamstow greyhound stadium which was started in 1925 by the grandfather of the current owner, Victor Chandler. In 1946 the bookmaker’s operation began and as betting shops were legalised in the 1960s the business began to grow, the current owner taking the reins from his father (also Victor) in 1974.
The company has been previously known as Victor Chandler and VC Bet but the superb offering has remained the same throughout and BetVictor manages to combine old-fashioned values with innovation, making it one of the best bookies and football betting sites around.
BetVictor Free Bet
BetVictor offers new customers £60 in bonuses, given as 5 x £10 free bet tokens and a £10 casino bonus. It’s clear they want you to test out the various features of the site so the free bets are split into various categories covering a variety of different sports and bet types.
To claim the bonuses you need to place a £10 real money bet at odds of evens or more. You have 7 days to claim and both the free bets and casino bonus expire after one week.
BetVictor is another major player with no real weaknesses that excels across a range of areas. They are certainly among our top six or seven bookmakers and if you want one bookie to cover everything they are a strong contender. Their major strengths are listed below:
- Website Design and Functionality – BetVictor’s site is one of the best around and whether you are accessing it online or via a mobile/tablet it’s really quick and intuitive, making navigating to your bets and finding information as simple as a David Beckham/Wayne Rooney lovechild. The colour scheme is black and sleek and the homepage manages to cover loads of events and information without seeming cluttered (like some rivals’ sites).
- Odds and Markets – BetVictor covers just about everything you could wish to bet on, from the main sports like football, racing and tennis to lesser ones including hurling, MMA and speedway (they even offer virtual speedway!). Football betting fans will find 70 markets even on smaller games and their range of leagues is second to none, with, for example, coverage of five Scottish leagues and competitions BELOW League 2 (the fourth tier of Scottish football) and matches from events as obscure as the under-20s Mexico league! Odds are also generally very good, particularly on football and so BetVictor are ideal for football betting fans.
- Mobile Betting – BetVictor’s mobile site is superb and compatible with all major mobile devices and tablets, with streaming also available on mobile for those who like to watch the racing on the go. It couldn’t be simpler to install and access and finding your way to your bets and obtaining account information is equally quick and easy. BetVictor is an innovative company and so it is no surprise to see them leading the way when it comes to mobile betting.
- Betting Offers – BetVictor offers so much in the way of regular offers that we really can’t list them all here. Check out the site for full details (promotions have a dedicated page) but highlights include acca insurance on both teams to score five-folds, BetVictor’s Game of the Day offer, red card refunds, regular free bets for placing bets or accas on specified matches or events, loads of racing offers (including Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK/Irish races and Non-Runner Free Bet on the big meetings) and plenty of odds enhancements and “refund if…” offers on major events.
- Fair and Safe – BetVictor’s boss has been called “The Gentleman Bookmaker” for his old-fashioned bookmaking values and there isn’t a safer, fairer bookie going in our opinion. You’ll never have an issue with payouts, small print or odds changing unfairly and BetVictor are more than happy to make big payouts when they’ve taken a position on an event and got it wrong.
Banking and Customer Support
As you would expect from a long-established, reputable and huge bookmaker, BetVictor accepts all major payment and withdrawal methods and handles deposits and payments quickly and efficiently with very high maximum deposits and low minimums.
Customer service is also very good, with live chat always available (and easy to find, rather than hidden away like at some rivals). There are freephone telephone options, as well as email, and replies are always prompt, friendly and detailed. Best of all, all support methods are 24/7 so you can always get an immediate answer and the contact options are very well backed up by an excellent help centre that covers a wide range of topics.
BetVictor boasts more than 500,000 active customers in around 160 countries and has a turnover of more than £1bn. They are a popular bookmaker that is run by the founder’s grandson, a man who has bookmaking and betting in his blood. BetVictor helped abolish UK Betting Tax when they shifted their operations offshore in 1999 and that spirit of innovation is evident in a lot of what BetVictor does best, be it live streaming, mobile betting or in-play wagering.
BetVictor is now entirely located in Gibraltar, where they are regulated and licensed by the Government and Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. However, BetVictor’s reputation and tradition is enough guarantee for most people and they are unquestionably one of the best bookmakers around today. Whilst they don’t have a large retail presence – having sold most of their betting shops in 2006 – they still have a few in London and Scotland. The brand and business thrive through their marketing, sponsorship of major sporting teams and events and through their excellent online presence and we expect them to continue to grow and pioneer, as is the Victor Chandler way.