Football Betting Guides
As well as our tips and reviews, we’ve also written a series of articles and guides that cover a wide variety of topics including a beginners guide to placing your first bet, a glossary of betting terms and strategy advice for new betting markets.
- How To Bet On Football – Our dummies guide to betting on football, including topics such as: hot to place a bet online, explanations of the most popular football betting markets and the rules you need to be aware of when betting on football. We’ve also thrown in a few strategy hints and tips for good measure.
- Betting Glossary – A handy companion to our ‘how to’ article above is our glossary of betting terms. So, if you come across a term you’re not familiar with, either on this site or on a bookies website, just head to our glossary for a simple explanation.
- Betting Markets – In our betting markets guide we explain what all of the different football betting markets mean. This includes both traditional markets as well as the more exotic markets that have started to crop up recently. We also provide more detailed guides to some of the more popular novel markets, such as: Both Teams To Score, Goals Galore, Beat The Clock, Coral Football Jackpot and Colossus Bets Jackpots.
- Multiples Betting – We all love a good acca, but do you know your accumulators from your yankee’s, and your trixies from your patents? We also explain the concept of related contingencies – which is the reason why you can’t place a straight acca on Liverpool winning and Suarez scoring the first goal.
- Handicap Betting – Handicap betting is a great way of leveling the playing field to make a game with a strong favourite more interesting to bet on. In this article we explain how it works, as well as the difference between straight, split and Asian handicaps.
- Mobile Betting Sites – According to stats provided by some of the big UK bookies, the volume of bets placed using a mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet is soon set to overtake desktop betting. So with that in mind, we’ve put the mobile sites and apps of top UK bookmakers to the test.
- Betting Exchanges – The first betting exchange popped up around the turn of the century and offered punters a way of placing bets against other punters, rather than the bookie (with the exchange taking a fee, or ‘commission’, on the winning bet). In this article we give you the lowdown on the concept of exchanges, their history and pros & cons. Plus the obligatory list of betting exchanges for those of you who want to give it a try yourself.