International football does not always provide great levels of entertainment but this coming break promises some wonderful drama with the last two games of UEFA qualifying for the World Cup before the playoffs. As teams try to secure their place in Russia, we’ve gone through the matches and picked out some great bets to create three trebles of increasing odds for you below.
Easy Winner – 7/5 (BetVictor)
- England to beat Slovenia (1/3) – England are the firm favourites to beat Slovenia at Wembley Stadium. Gareth Southgate’s men have been strong at home and should claim the win they need to secure their spot at the World Cup.
- Netherlands to beat Belarus (1/4) – After another shocking qualifying campaign, the Netherlands can do nothing more than win their remaining games and hope for other results to go their way. They may miss out on the World cup but they should prove to be far too strong for Belarus.
- Over 1.5 goals in Scotland v Slovakia (4/9) – The equation is strong for Scotland. Win their last two games and they’ll make the playoffs. Slovakia will be no pushovers on Thursday night but the support of the Hampden faithful should see Scotland score the goals they need.
Medium Risk – 10/1 (Ladbrokes)
- Germany to beat Northern Ireland and over 2.5 goals (10/11) – Northern Ireland are very close to securing their place in the playoffs. They’ll do all they can to pick up three points on Thursday but they’ll surely fall short against a Germany side who have started to find their groove.
- Under 2.5 goals in Ireland v Moldova (4/7) – Ireland must win their remaining two games to have any chance of going to Russia. They should secure a win against Moldova but their uninspiring style of play means the game may be more of a struggle than they’d hope.
- Belgium to beat Bosnia & Herzegovina (29/20) – The pressure is off Belgium’s shoulders having already qualified for the World Cup. Roberto Martinez still wants more from his players though and they can secure their eighth win in nine games against Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Long Shot – 30/1 (Bet365)
- Both teams to score in Northern Ireland v Germany (6/5) – Northern Ireland may not have anything like the quality of Germany but they make up for that with their work rate and organisation. Northern Ireland always have a chance at Windsor Park and could well make this game interesting by grabbing a goal.
- Georgia and Wales to draw (23/10) – Draws have badly damaged Wales’ chances of qualifying for the World Cup but it’s not going to be easy to start winning against Georgia. Georgia drew 1-1 in Wales and can repeat that result especially now that Gareth Bale is out injured for Wales.
- Iceland to beat Turkey (16/5) – Iceland are level on points with Group I leaders Croatia and have every chance of making it through to the World Cup finals. They’ve secured huge results over the last few years and can do it again by winning in Turkey on Friday night.