It’s nearly time for footballers to decamp to Las Vegas, Ibiza and Dubai for the summer. But, before they can swap shin pads for swimming trunks, there are still some important games to be played. This midweek we’ve got matches from the Premier League and the Championship playoffs to enjoy so we’ve put together our selection of the best bets from the action and combined them into three accumulators for you below.
Easy Winner – 13/10 (BetVictor)
- Arsenal to beat Sunderland (2/15) – Sunderland must be hoping that they can just end the season now and give their opponents the three points. It doesn’t work like that unfortunately so they’ve got to turn up to the Emirates and endure another horrible night as Arsenal continue to push for a top four finish.
- Man City to beat West Brom (2/13) – West Brom all but downed tools after securing their Premier League status. Tony Pulis’s side are desperate for the campaign to end which is not good news against a Man City team who still need points to qualify for the Champions League.
- Over 2.5 goals in Leicester v Tottenham (31/40) – With nothing left to fight for, Leicester and Tottenham can just enjoy their football on Thursday night. That should result in a great game for the neutrals.
Medium Risk – 17/4 (Ladbrokes)
- Both teams to score in Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield (10/11) – The first leg between Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday was a tight affair that ended 0-0. That’s not going to happen again given the incentive for the two teams to win so expect both sides to score at Hillsborough.
- Leicester/draw double chance against Tottenham (10/11) – Craig Shakespeare has two more home games in which to prove to Leicester’s owners that he has what it takes to manage the club in the long term. Thursday’s game against Tottenham will be far from easy but Leicester have the tools to worry Spurs and should be able to avoid defeat at least.
- Southampton/draw double chance against Man United (4/9) – Southampton fans are a little wary about their future under Claude Puel. The Frenchman hasn’t got the Saints playing the most free-flowing football in the world but he knows how to get results so expect Southampton to at least hold Man United to a draw on Wednesday.
Long Shot – 118/1 (Bet365)
- Southampton to beat Man United and both teams to score (9/2) – Man United have given up on the Premier League and have put all their eggs in the Europa League basket. Their fringe players should be able to score against Southampton but the Saints are the side most likely to win.
- Fulham to beat Reading to nil (10/3) – Fulham would have won the Championship had it started in November. That extended run of form has bread huge confidence which they can exploit by beating Reading to nil and securing their trip to Wembley.
- Sheffield Wednesday to beat Huddersfield and both teams to score (4/1) – The atmosphere at Hillsborough will be immense on Wednesday night. Those in attendance should be treated to a thrilling game where Wednesday’s extra play off experience may be the deciding factor.