Manchester City failed to win the Premier League title at the first time of asking but it’s just a matter of time before they get the job done. The picture is also a little clearer at the bottom of the table with West Brom needing snookers and Stoke and Southampton in danger of being cut adrift. Wherever this week’s action has an impact, there is profit to be made from the bookies with our three Premier League trebles below.
Short Price – 13/10 (Ladbrokes)
- Over 2.5 goals in Liverpool v Bournemouth (2/5) – Liverpool are the second highest scorers in the Premier League while Bournemouth have found the net in their last 14 games. This one has goals written all over it.
- Burnley to score against Leicester (2/5) – Burnley have won their last four matches and are showing no sign of slowing down ahead of Leicester’s trip to Turf Moor. The Clarets will keep things tight before attacking in the latter stages and should find the net against the Foxes at least.
- Man Utd to beat West Brom (2/11) – West Brom need a miracle to avoid relegation. Old Trafford would be a great place for it to start but it’s just not going to happen. Man Utd should have no trouble dismissing the Baggies.
Medium Risk – 15/2 (BetVictor)
- Swansea to beat Everton (31/20) – Swansea have done very well to pull away from the bottom three but they’re not out of the woods yet. Fortunately for Carlos Carvalhal, Everton have one of the league’s worst away records which makes the home team look a big price at 31/20.
- Over 3.5 goals in Tottenham v Man City (8/13) – The mask has slipped somewhat from Man City of late. Tottenham cannot wait to take the game to the Citizens at Wembley Stadium and could get a result. Wherever the destination of the points, goals are the order of the day at the national stadium.
- Under 2.5 goals in Newcastle v Arsenal (11/10) – Rafa Benitez will believe his Newcastle team can capitalise on any fatigue in the Arsenal ranks following their trip to Russia this week. Expect a defensive performance from the home side who should be able to keep the scoring low.
Long Shot – 136/1 (Bet365)
- Southampton and Chelsea to draw (5/2) – Southampton came agonisingly close to a big result against Arsenal last weekend. The narrow defeat will at least give them some confidence ahead of the visit of Chelsea who look like they cannot wait for the end of the season. An unsatisfactory point for both teams would be no surprise.
- Liverpool and Bournemouth to draw (5/1) – Bournemouth’s improvement throughout the season is of great credit to Eddie Howe and his coaching staff. The Cherries don’t know when they’re beaten and could battle to a point at Anfield.
- Newcastle to beat Arsenal to nil (11/2) – Newcastle will do everything in their power to frustrate Arsenal at St James’ Park. If they can keep things tight in the early stages, there is every chance the Magpies will confirm their Premier League status with a massive win.