The European adventure will end for many more teams this week. Tuesday and Wednesday see four Champion League second leg ties (the majority of which are finely balanced) while the Europa League takes centre stage on Thursday. With so much drama and opportunity ahead of us, we’ve created three multiples of increasing odds to give you plenty of choice with your betting.
Short Price – 11/8 (BetVictor)
- Over 1.5 goals in Man Utd v Sevilla (1/3) – It was a typical Jose Mourinho performance away from home for Man Utd in their first leg against Sevilla. The team were happy enough to take a goalless draw back to Manchester but will have to open up more against a Sevilla side who scored five in two meetings with Liverpool.
- Over 1.5 goals in Barcelona v Chelsea (2/11) – Chelsea must score at the Camp Nou or else they’ll exit the Champions League on Wednesday night. That forces Antonio Conte’s hand to some extent in terms of his tactics while everybody knows how dangerous Barca can be going forwards.
- Both teams to score in Red Bull Salzburg v Borussia Dortmund (1/2) – Red Bull Salzburg pulled off a surprise win away to Dortmund in the first leg. They know the job is only half done and will fully expect the Bundesliga side to attack them with everything they have in an entertaining match.
Medium Risk – 13/2 (Ladbrokes)
- Roma to beat Shakhtar Donetsk (4/6) – Shakhtar made the most of their home advantage to beat Roma in the first leg. The Serie A side did at least score an away goal which gives them the slight edge in the tie. Expect Roma to progress courtesy of a win at the Stadio Olimpico.
- Besiktas to score in the first half against Bayern Munich (7/5) – Pretty much everything that could go wrong for Besiktas did go wrong for them away to Bayern in the first leg. At 5-0 down they know their Champions League campaign is over but the Turkish side should at least excite their home fans with a first half goal.
- Second half to have most goals in Barcelona v Chelsea (10/11) – Chelsea will try their best to frustrate Barcelona in the early stages of their match before pushing on for a goal later on. This may be a slow burner that bursts into life in the second half.
Long Shot – 121/1 (Bet365)
- Man Utd to beat Sevilla and both teams to score (3/1) – Sevilla were more than a little unlucky not to score against Man Utd in the first leg. United should have enough to win at Old Trafford but there’s no way they’ll have things all their own way.
- Arsenal and AC Milan to draw (13/5) – Gennaro Gatuso won’t accept another lacklustre performance from his AC Milan team when they travel to London. Arsenal should qualify but may well be held to a draw by Milan.
- 0-0 correct score in Lokomotiv Moscow v Atletico Madrid (15/2) – Atletico Madrid did the damage in this tie with a 3-0 win in the first leg. They now just have to keep Lokomotiv Moscow at bay when they meet on Thursday. Diego Simeone’s side certainly know how to do that.