Many football fans would prefer their team to play the second of a two legged tie at home. The chance to secure the tie on home soil is alluring but the first legs of the Champions League and Europa League quarter finals show that there’s nothing like getting off to a fast start. With the potential for some major upsets alongside a dead rubber or two, the coming week’s European action is set to be a mixed bag. That’s why we’ve created three different trebles for you to cover your betting options.
Easy Winner – 6/5 (Bet365)
- Over 1.5 goals in Man City v Liverpool (2/15) – Liverpool were phenomenal in the first half against Man City last Wednesday. Jurgen Klopp’s can all but guarantee their place in the semi finals with a goal at the Etihad but they must be wary about City’s incredible attacking talent.
- Bayern Munich to beat Sevilla (1/4) – Sevilla provided a real shock in the last round with their victory at Old Trafford. They’ll need an even better performance to get past Bayern Munich though. Bayern won the first leg away and should have little trouble winning the second at home.
- Real Madrid to beat Juventus (4/7) – Real Madrid’s win away to Juventus will be remembered for a long time for Cristiano Ronaldo’s wonder goal but don’t let the goal overshadow another excellent team performance on the big stage. This Real side know how to get the job done in the Champions League and should put the tie beyond all doubt with a home win.
Medium Risk – 4/1 (Coral)
- Over 2.5 goals in Red Bull Salzburg v Lazio (7/10) – RB Salzburg are in the slightly strange position of having conceded four goals in the first leg but still with a very good chance of qualifying for the Europa League semi finals. They’ll need plenty of goals to get past Lazio which should provide entertainment whatever the outcome of the tie.
- Under 2.5 goals in Sporting Lisbon v Atletico Madrid (7/10) – Atletico Madrid are utilising all their European experience to move through the Europa League with minimal fuss. They were in complete control in their first leg against Sporting Lisbon and should keep the scoring down in Portugal.
- Both teams to score in Marseille v RB Leipzig (4/6) – RB Leipzig will be very happy to have won their home leg against Marseille without conceding an away goal. Ralph Hasenhüttl and his players have attacked their first European campaign with gusto and should score in the south of France.
Long Shot – 101/1 (Betfair)
- 3-1 correct score in Man City v Liverpool (10/1) – Man City will give everything they have to overturn their first leg deficit but Liverpool could just do enough to squeeze through on Tuesday.
- Real Madrid to beat Juventus to nil (2/1) – Real Madrid just seem to be able to turn it on in the Champions League and should turn in a commanding performance to progress to the semis.
- Marseille and RB Leipzig to draw (21/10) – Marseille will feel they are the favourites to qualify for the semi finals but RB Leipzig are incredibly tenacious opponents and may be able to hang onto the coattails of their opponents to qualify with a draw.