Whilst all of the attention will be on the North West this weekend thanks to the two derby matches taking place on Sunday, there is still plenty of football for you to enjoy elsewhere and it should be a cracking weekend.
We have had a look through the action in the Premier League and Football League to give you seven top tips that will hopefully give your Christmas shopping fund a nice little boost.
Friday 8th December 2017
- Sheffield United v Bristol City (4/6 with Betfred) – Nine of Bristol’s 10 meetings with top-half sides have seen both sides hit the back of the net and we like the look of BTTS at Bramall Lane. The Blades have been on a poor run recently and will be desperate to turn their slump around..
Saturday 9th December 2017
- Burnley v Watford (19/20 with Ladbrokes) – There aren’t many times that Burnley are kept to a clean sheet at home and we can’t see Watford stopping them. However, we can see the Hornets finding the back of the net with Troy Deeney and Richarlison both in good goalscoring form.
- Middlesbrough v Ipswich Town (5/6 with Betfred) – Having seen 65 goals scored so far in their league matches, Ipswich Town have been good value for BTTS this season. Mick McCarthy’s side are a decent outfit and they will want to pile the misery onto the Teessiders.
- Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City (EVS with Betfred) – Spurs have been pretty poor at the back of late by their high standards and Stoke will fancy their chances ahead of the weekend’s trip to Wembley. The home side will be without the suspended Davinson Sanchez but they are still the favourites for this match.
- Newcastle United v Leicester City (4/5 with Betfred) – On two separate occasions in recent weeks, Newcastle have taken the lead before going on to lose and it must be incredibly frustrating for their fans. They clearly have goals in them, but there defence is as leaky as they come at the moment. Jamie Vardy will be licking his lips ahead of the weekend.
Sunday 10th December 2017
- Liverpool v Everton (10/11 with Bet365) – The first derby day offering in the North West comes at Anfield where Everton will be the visitors. They look a different beast since Sam Allardyce was involved and we would back this to be an entertaining clash. Liverpool will almost certainly score but we have a sneaky suspicion that they will come a cropper at the back..
- Manchester United v Manchester City (7/10 with Bet365) – Sometimes, the Manchester derby can fail to deliver and a drab game is played out. However, we don’t think there is any danger of that happening given the way this City side have been playing. Both sides have been banging in the goals and it could be a busy one for the keepers this weekend.