The Premier League continues this weekend, as the fights for Europe and top flight safety rage on. However, not everyone is quite as focused on the matters at hand, with Liverpool and Arsenal looking towards Europe and Chelsea and Manchester United awaiting their FA Cup final next month. Despite that, there’s still plenty worth tuning in to across the top flight this weekend, with a few matches looking like they could be really entertaining.
The weekend kicks off at Anfield, as Liverpool host Stoke, while the late game sees Chelsea heading to Wales to face Swansea. There are a few crucial games sandwiched in between those, as Burnley could secure seventh while Southampton could drop closer to relegation. The 2016-17 champions are back in action on Sunday, as they head to the London Stadium to face a struggling West Ham outfit. Ahead of those clashes, we’ve run through the fixtures to pick out our both teams to score tips, and you can see our BTTS accumulator selections below, along with reasoning for each.
Saturday 28th April 2018
- Liverpool v Stoke (19/20 with Betfair) – Liverpool will be rotating their side for this clash, with an eye on Roma in their Champions League semi-final. Stoke need to dig in for a result here, and we can see them nicking a goal in this trip, although they’re set to struggle with Liverpool’s attack, with Danny Ings’ return boosting their changed frontline.
- Burnley v Brighton (21/20 with Ladbrokes) – Burnley have seen both teams score in seven of their last eight matches in the Premier League, while Brighton are scrapping for a point as they look to cling to a place in the top flight. With that in mind, we’re backing BTTS in this one, with Burnley’s standards dropping at the back, while Ashley Barnes remains in great scoring form.
- Southampton v Bournemouth (3/4 with Bet365) – Southampton and Bournemouth both have awful records at the back, with the hosts looking better going forward under Mark Hughes. However, their lack of improvement in defence should relegate them, and we can see both teams scoring here given that these two are looking useful going forward.
- Swansea v Chelsea (5/4 with Coral) – Swansea are still battling against the drop, and they’ll be hoping their good home form can see them strike against the Blues this weekend. Chelsea have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight away trips, so we can’t see them ending that on Saturday. However, the Blues’ forwards are coming into form, so they should score.
Sunday 29th April 2018
- West Ham v Man City (5/6 with Coral) – Man City are five goals shy of the Premier League scoring record, so expect a strong display from them going forward, as they look to equal the record for wins in a season. However, West Ham have scored in seven of their eight meetings with the top five, so we’re backing BTTS in this clash.