With the FA Cup semi-finals taking place at Wembley this week, the Premier League calendar is broken up. That obviously pushes the league fixtures to one side, but there are still six top flight matches to look forward to this weekend. They all concern the fight for Europe and the relegation fight, in the wake of Manchester City’s title win in the most unlikely of ways last weekend. We all knew the title wasn’t going to be a source of drama in the coming weeks, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing going on in the Premier League this weekend.
Liverpool’s trip to West Brom opens up the fixtures, which is obviously a much bigger game following the Baggies’ result last weekend. Like Liverpool, Arsenal are focused on midweek despite their Premier League commitments this week, as they host West Ham. Meanwhile, Sunday brings Chelsea’s FA Cup semi with Southampton, which should be an entertaining clash. Ahead of the upcoming league and cup matches, we’ve cast our eye through the latest round of games to pick out our both teams to score tips.
Saturday 21st April 2018
- West Brom v Liverpool (7/10 with Ladbrokes) – After winning at Old Trafford, the Baggies are now a much bigger test for Liverpool. The Reds will be focused on their meeting with Roma in the Champions League, so we see West Brom picking up another goal at home. Liverpool are high scorers, but we’re backing them to concede on the road again too.
- Watford v Crystal Palace (4/5 with Bet365) – Palace come into this clash needing three points, but their defensive issues will hold them back. They’ve seen both teams score in eight of their last nine games away from home, so we’re backing BTTS at Vicarage Road this weekend.
Sunday 22nd April 2018
- Arsenal v West Ham (8/13 with Betfair) – Not only have West Ham scored away to five of the top seven so far this season, but they’re facing an Arsenal side who are rotating ahead of European action in midweek. The Hammers have scored in four straight away matches after a 1-1 draw at Chelsea, so we like the look of BTTS here.
- Chelsea v Southampton (Evens with Coral) – Chelsea’s defensive concerns came to a head last weekend when they went 2-0 down at Southampton. Mark Hughes has made his side more attacking, so they should trouble the Blues in this big clash at Wembley on Sunday. While we see the recently dethroned champions claiming a win, we’re backing both teams to score at big odds.
Monday 23rd April 2018
- Everton v Newcastle (10/11 with Betfred) – Newcastle have won four on the spin ahead of this game, but their away defensive record is poor. However, Everton have won eight of nine meetings at home to teams outside of the top seven, so we think that you should expect goals from Goodison Park in the Monday night clash, especially with both sides free from any pressure.