We’re speeding towards the final weekend of Premier League action, so we’re getting close to that long summer without football. As we prepare to say goodbye to the top flight for a few months, there’s just few extra games thrown in this midweek. A number of sides have games in hand to be sorted before Sunday’s finale, and these matches could yet play a crucial role in the fight for the Champions League places, with Arsenal, Man City and Man United all playing.
In addition, there’s also a cup final in Italy and a full round of games from the Scottish Premiership, with their final round coming this weekend. With so much action on, this does feel like the perfect time for a both teams to score acca. We’ve gone through this week’s matches, and picked out the games in which we’re expecting goals. As we prepare for a long summer without club football, we’re trying to land another few winners right before the end of the season. You can see all our tips, and our reasoning for them, below.
Tuesday, 16th May 2017
- Arsenal v Sunderland (6/5 with Betfred) – Sunderland look like a side reborn after their relegation was confirmed. The Black Cats are much more attacking now, and they should push forward with nothing to lose at the Emirates. The Gunners need a win, but their poor defensive record should see them concede.
- Manchester City v West Brom (7/8 with Coral) – City have seen far too many goals at their own ground this term, with 72% of their outings at the Etihad seeing both teams score. Given West Brom’s set piece threat, they should be the latest visitors to score here.
Wednesday, 17th May 2017
- Southampton v Manchester United (7/10 with BetVictor) – Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has said that he’s going to rotate in the final games of the season. That gives the Saints a great chance going forward, but they’ve conceded five to City and Arsenal in recent games here, so we see United scoring.
- Rangers v Aberdeen (7/10 with Ladbrokes) – Rangers have scored in 15 straight home games, but they’ve shipped the majority of their home goals to the two sides above them in the table. Second placed Aberdeen should cause more problems at Ibrox on Wednesday, so we’re backing BTTS.
- St Johnstone v Hearts (8/11 with Coral) – St Johnstone have a poor home record, with the majority of their points coming on the road. However, they should score against a Hearts side who have conceded in 82% of their trips.
- Juventus v Lazio (4/5 with Bet365) – Lazio have hit two goals per game in the Coppa Italia to reach the final. They should trouble Juve again, but the Italian champions are bound to score.
Thursday, 18th May 2017
- Leicester v Tottenham (4/5 with Betfred) – Leicester have only failed to score once in the league under Craig Shakespeare, but they’ve conceded in 75% of their league games. That has us backing both teams to score in this exciting encounter on Thursday.