The FA Cup hits the Fifth Round stage this weekend, meaning some sides are just two wins from Wembley. There are plenty of great ties from the last 16 this weekend, which kicks off on Friday night and runs through to Monday. Will we see victories all round for the giants still in the competition, or are we going to get a few upsets? The first two rounds of 2018 saw exits for Arsenal and Liverpool, so we expect someone big to be dumped out over the course of the weekend.
One of the highlights of the round wraps up the action, with 2013 winners Wigan facing Man City in a repeat of that year’s final. The action starts as Leicester host Championship side Sheffield United, while Chelsea host Hull on the same night. There are just two all Premier League ties in this round, with the other six all pitting top flight sides against lower league opposition. However, don’t expect that to lead to an unbalanced batch of fixtures; this is the FA Cup after all. We can see plenty of even games packed with goals, so here are our both teams to score tips for the next round of the cup.
Friday 16th February 2018
- Leicester v Sheffield United (10/11 with Coral) – The Blades have averaged 1.42 goals per game in the Championship, and they’ll be out to push Leicester in the cup, and we see them scoring just as they did in a League Cup defeat to the Foxes earlier this season.
- Chelsea v Hull (11/10 with Betfair) – With Chelsea in midweek European action, Hull are likely to meet a rotated side. The visitors have scored in 71% of their league games, and we see them adding to that against a rotated Blues outfit.
Saturday 17th February 2018
- Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea (10/11 with Ladbrokes) – The Swans conceded home and away to Notts County in the last round, so Sheffield Wednesday should be able to grab a goal at home to the in-form Premier League side.
- West Brom v Southampton (5/6 with BetVictor) – West Brom’s last home game was a 3-2 defeat to Southampton, who have picked up their scoring form. They’ve scored eight times in their last five away, and we’re backing more goals for both sides here.
- Huddersfield v Man United (22/19 with Betfair) – Huddersfield have scored against Chelsea, Man City and Man United at home this season, beating the Red Devils 2-1. This will be a tough trip for Mourinho’s men, with the Terriers coming off the back of a 4-1 win against Bournemouth, so we’re going with BTTS at very decent odds.
Monday 18th February 2018
- Wigan v Man City (11/10 with Betfred) – Wigan have managed to put out Premier League opposition in the shape of Bournemouth and West Ham, and they’ll have little fear here. They have a strong cup record in recent years, and we expect them to trouble Pep Guardiola’s Man City side.