The Premier League continues this weekend, as Man City look to regroup after missing a golden chance to get their hands on the title. After the wonderful advert for the league that was the Manchester derby, we have plenty of live action to keep an eye on this weekend. Chief among those matches has to be Man City’s trip to face Tottenham at the national stadium, as the tough fixtures just keep coming for Pep Guardiola and his side. Can they claim a victory at Wembley to move within three points of clinching the championship?
Of course, there’s plenty going on away from that game, with the battle to avoid the drop raging on. The league’s struggling sides will be desperate for points this weekend, while the top teams are showing some vulnerabilities at the back. This weekend does seem like a perfect one for a both teams to score accumulator, with some strong prices available on some open-looking matches. Ahead of this weekend’s action from the top flight, we’ve run through the numbers across the fixture list and picked out our top BTTS predictions. So if you fancy a flutter on the footy this weekend, take your pick of the following betting options.
Saturday 14th April 2018
- Southampton v Chelsea (10/11 with Betfred) – Chelsea are in awful form, and they’ve failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight matches. The Saints have looked strong going forward since Mark Hughes took charge, but they’re still having a tough time in defence.
- Crystal Palace v Brighton (11/10 with Ladbrokes) – Crystal Palace should see this as a great chance to move closer to safety, but they’ve conceded in 88% of their home matches ahead of this clash with Brighton. Meanwhile, the visitors have scored at four of the six sides below them, so we should get goals here.
- Liverpool v Bournemouth (4/5 with Coral) – Bournemouth make this trip to Anfield having scored in 14 straight league matches. They have found the net in their previous six trips, while these two drew 2-2 in this fixture last season. The Reds have a brilliant attack, but after a busy period for them we can see the Cherries catching them short at the back, so we’re going with BTTS in this encounter.
- Tottenham v Man City (1/2 with Bet365) – The blueprint against City these days is clearly to attack them, and there’s no doubt Tottenham will do that. They’ve scored in 93% of their home league games, while City have scored in all but one of their 32 league matches this term, so BTTS looks like the bet for this one.
Sunday 15th April 2018
- Newcastle v Arsenal (4/6 with Betfair) – The Gunners have scored away to almost every side they’ve faced who are below them in the table. However, they’ve got an awful points return on their travels. With Newcastle winning three on the spin, we think BTTS is great value in this encounter.