The Champions League finally returns to our screens on Tuesday night, as the continental competitions get back underway. The first four matches from the Round of 16 all look fantastic, and they set a pretty high bar in the quest to conquer Europe this term. We get to see the holders in midweek, along with two of the favourites to win this season’s competition. With the Champions League now past the group stage and starting to really heat up, we think it’s fair to expect big things from this week’s matches.
With three Premier League sides in action, there’s plenty worth keeping an eye on in the Champions League. In additional, both Celtic and Arsenal are getting their Europa League knockout ties started on Thursday, with both looking pretty entertaining. From a massive clash between Real Madrid and PSG to Arsenal meeting Swedish side Ostersunds and their English manager Graham Potter, there’s a lot to keep you busy this Valentines week. Ahead of these intriguing match-ups, we’ve run through the biggest European ties and picked out our both teams to score tips from across the midweek fixtures and you can see our predictions below.
Tuesday 13th February 2018
- Basel v Man City (4/5 with Betfair) – The Citizens must be concerned about their injury worries heading into this clash. With their squad struggling, City are set to be stretched on Tuesday, and we think that will let in a Basel side who tend to scare English opposition.
- Juventus v Tottenham (Evens with Ladbrokes) – This huge clash is a really intriguing one, as Spurs are more than capable of breaking down an impressive Juve defence. Given their results in Europe this term, we can see Spurs enjoying another high scoring game.
Wednesday 14th February 2018
- Porto v Liverpool (6/10 with Coral) – Liverpool’s away defending has been pretty poor in the league, and that’s hurt them in trips to Moscow and Seville in Europe. With that in mind, an in form Porto side with attacking options should exploit that.
- Real Madrid v PSG (4/9 with Ladbrokes) – This game could end up being any score, especially given how Real have been performing of late. PSG should cause plenty of problems in the Bernabeu, especially if Neymar is auditioning for a move to the Spanish capital.
Thursday 15th February 2018
- Ostersunds v Arsenal (10/11 with Betfred) – Arsenal could be in for a shock against Ostersunds, a Swedish side who have met every challenge they’ve had in Europe this season. The Gunners are likely to rotate the squad here, and as a result we’re backing them to be caught out defensively.
- Celtic v Zenit (4/6 with Betair) – Celtic have dropped down in Europe, but things aren’t getting much easier for them as they meet Zenit this week. The Russians have enough attacking talent to cause problems here, but their winter break should leave them vulnerable to the Bhoys.